Welcome! I am a Computer Science major, researcher, and software developer at Johns Hopkins University. I am passionate about computer science, robotics, photography, and videography.
I explore my passion in computer science through research in computational genomics and by competing at HopHacks, a biannual Hackathon at JHU. I placed top 10 overall with StudyFire, a project promoting collaboration among students, as well as 2nd place in the data science competition. I also created a program enabling the blind to experience images through sound. Additionally, I was honored to represent Google on my campus as a Google Student Innovator.
I focus my creativity through photography, capturing unique perspectives of life, both locally and abroad. By combining my love of photography and computer science I created an online photo gallery to share my images.
I presented research on emerging technologies and their impact on society at MIT as a National Inspire Competition Finalist. I combined my passion for technology and visual art to create an animated abstract summarizing this research.
To inspire others, I mentored a VexIQ robotics team, BrainSTEM, that progressed to the World Championships three years in a row and placed 8th in the world in programming.
Additionally, I am a prolific software developer and have published several mobile apps as well as applications for the TI-Nspire calculator.
Click image to read more
4.92 GPA || 35 ACT || Class Rank: 4
Carnegie Vanguard Ranked #8 Nationally (2017-US News)
Class of 2017 || 4.92 GPA || Class Rank: 4
SAT Math II: 780
ACT English: 35
ACT Mathematics: 35
ACT Reading: 32
ACT Science: 36
AP Exams: AP Calculus AB (5); AP Statistics (5); AP Physics C: Mechanics (4); AP World History (4); AP Human Geography (5); AP US History (4); AP English Language and Composition (4); AP Computer Science A (4); AP Studio Art: Photography (4)
- AP Computer Science
- AP Art & Photography
- AP Physics C
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Statistics
- AP Human Geography
- AP World History
- AP US Government
- AP United States Government and Politics
- AP English Literature
- AP Macroeconomics
- Independent Research
Volunteer / Work Experience
- Software Developer (Research) - Computational Genomics Research. Developed an initial version of a Genomics Data Processing Platform. Designed the UI and devised the implementation plan for the platform (ongoing effort).
- Google Student Innovator - Contracted by Google through Vaco as an on-campus resource for Google Cloud Platform (GCP), to beta test products and features, to introduce products to students, and to provide feedback.
Attended first ever Student Innovator Summit at Google's Mountain View HQ.
- Electronic Parts Outlet (EPO) - Technical Sales Consultant & Programmer, 2016
- Workshop on Google Firebase for webapps at HopHacks, Spring 2019
- Workshop on Google Cloud Platform at HopHacks, Fall 2018
- Google Workshop on Serverless Apps w/ Firebase at MedHacks, 2018
- Volunteered and Competed at the HopHacks Hackathon, Fall 2017
- Ran VEX Robotics' University Field at North Texas State Competition, 2017
- Mentor VexIQ elementary robotics team, 2014-2016
- Presenter at Bechtel Symposium on Robotics Programming, 2014
- Instructor at Robotics Summer Camp for high school students and mentors, 2014-2016
- Organizer and leader of Carnegie High School freshman math camp, 2015-2016
- Tutor high school mathematics and computer science, 2015-2017
- Tutor middle school math students, 2015-2017
Click link to read more
- HopHacks Spring 2019 - Top 10 Overall, John Snow Labs Prize, Johns Hopkins IT and Semester.ly Prize
- JHU Photography Exposition - Photos displayed in Johns Hopkins' Mattin Center
- HopHacks Spring 2018 MINDS Data Science Challenge - 2nd Place
- Johns Hopkins Study Abroad Photo Contest - 2nd Place
- PayPal Trek "On the Road" Visit Opportunity
- First Robotics World Championship (Houston) - Division Finalist
- First Robotics Rockwell Automation Animation Contest - Placed in Top 10
- MIT Inspire Finalist - Presented Research Paper at MIT
- Featured in the Austin American Times Newspaper (Statesman Link)
- National Merit Commended Student
- AP Scholar With Distinction
- Honor Roll
- Teacher's Award - Top Student in AP Computer Science
- First Robotics Competition - Quarterfinalist at State UIL Championship
- Science Olympiad Langham Creek High School Invitational - 4th place in bridge building
- Presenter at Bechtel Seminar on Robotics Programming
- Honor Roll
- First Robotics Competition - Semifinalist at World Championship
- 2014 VEX Robotics World Championship - Semifinalist
- Honor Roll
- Honor Roll
- School Science Fair - First Place
- District Science Fair - First Place
- Regional Science Fair - Sponsor Award
- Speaker at Gulf Coast Environmental Affairs Group
Click image to read more
First Robotics Competition (FRC) Team 2587
Progressed to World Championship 2015 & 2017
2017 World Championship Divisional Finalist
Lead Programmer 2015-2017
Programming in Java
Onboarding New Programmers
Top 10 in 2017 Rockwell Automation Animation Contest
Produced 2016 Safety Animation Video
Featured in Austin American Statesman Newspaper
Progressed to the World Championship in 2015
Progressed to the World Championship in 2017
2017 World Championship Division Finalist
VEX Robotics Team 5678
Lead Programmer 2014-2015
Elected Historian 2014-2015
2 times to World Championship
Programming Team Leader 2014-2015
Programming in Robot C
CAD design and prototype robots
Progressed to the World Championship each season and won numerous team excellence awards
Click image to read more
Founded in 1978, TNS is “committed to friendship, communication, the adventure of intellectual exploration, and a greater realization of individual potentials”
Membership requires an IQ three standard deviations above average
Inducted as a sophomore
Lead volunteer projects
Lead volunteer projects 2015-2017
Organize and conduct tutoring for incoming freshmen
Organize and conduct tutoring at local middle schools
Founded the Carnegie Vanguard Science Olympiad Team with a friend in 2014
Over the past two years, the club has grown to over 20 members
Click image to enlarge
Video and Animation
Click video to play. Double click to view full-screen.
I combined my passion for technology and animation to create this winning entry to the 2015 MIT Inspire Competition.
Created using Maya, After Effects, Premiere Pro and iClone
Produced for the First Robotics UL Safety Animation Competition 2015-2016
Photos of FRC robot build over several days compiled to produce time lapse effect
Public Service Announcement on the Space Race
Programming and Software
iOS and Android Apps (C, C++, Java)
SeeNu Health Genomics Data Platform
Unsupervised Machine Learning for Image Clustering
An unsupervised machine learning algorithm written in Python using CUDA, Sklearn, TensorFlow, and Keras
Won second place in the MINDS Data Science Challenge at the HopHacks Spring 2018 Hackathon
StudyFire began as a project at the HopHacks Spring 2019 Hackathon aimed at increasing student interaction by facilitating the formation of study groups. After winning top 10 at HopHacks, the JHU IT/Semester.ly Prize, and the John Snow Labs Prize, and garnering support from the Johns Hopkins IT Department for the utilization of SIS API's for course integration, we decided to continue to develop this project.
An experimental concept that explores the intersection between sound and sight. Created during HopHacks Fall 2017 Hackathon, this program analyzes pixels from an image and converts them into music notes, transforming the two-dimensionality of pictures and art into a new, multifaceted experience. Features full GUI, multithread processing, and the ability to load both prepackaged and external images to play back as music.
Click tabs to browse by subject
Cross-Section Volume Solver v1.3
Solves for area and volume by cross section between two graphs (and within the specified bounds). Also solves graphs with multiple points of intersection and no points of intersection.
Calculates the angle between two vectors (2d or 3d), the area of a parallelogram formed vectors, cross products, triple scalars, magnitude and direction, and direction angles
Solves for the sample size needed to achieve the desired accuracy for a predicted interval with either a known or unknwon standard of deviation. Shows process leading to final answer.
Fetch possible distribution tests with a provided substring or to fetch a specific test. Assists user in choosing the best distribution test to model their data.